Monday, April 4, 2011

Target Trip ~4/4~

This was a good trip (as you'll see in my totals), but it should have been a GREAT trip. I'll explain at the end.


Total before coupons: $51.87
Total after coupons: $10.00 (also received two $5 GC for Olay...so in other words, it was all free) :)
Total saved: $41.87


Total time spent preparing coupons: 15 minutes
Total time spent shopping: 30 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the frustrating part. I added up all my coupons (which he pushed through) and subtracted them from the actual cost of the items and I should have spent around $5-$7....however the total after tax was $11.26. The problem is that Target's receipts are SOOOOO hard to read if they "mess up". (you can see on the receipt I was trying to count the number of coupons just to be sure they were all there...and I STILL couldn't find them all!) I've even been at the costumer service desk before trying to fix problems like this one and the employees themselves can't even read the receipts!!!! So, tonight, I'm just going to have to let it go (which is HARD for a couponer to do! :))....after all, my total was $10 and I got $10 in Gift Cards. So, I'll be satisfied with getting it all FREE!!

5 comments:

  1. It probably wouldn't let you pay less than $10 since you are getting $10 in gift cards- which explains why it was exactly $10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to e-mail me a copy of the receipt and if you remember what coupons you had I can try and decipher it for you. I used to work there and I am happy to try and help. my e-mail is heathernavarre@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura---hmmm maybe you're right. The gift card "glitch" could have been the problem.

    Heather - I would gladly take you up on your offer, but I mailed it off already to get the cosmetic bag rebate. Thanks so much for being willing to help me out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always hang on to the coupons until they are done ringing everything and then I hand each one to them seperately. This way you know they got every coupon and they don't keep the ones that don't get used, which I have had happen before. I make sure they hand them back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerrie - my husband actually did this trip for me and he DID hand them over one at a time and he said every one of them beeped. So, I don't know what happened...it's a mystery that shall never be solved I guess. Bummer. I'm thinking that the computer was "stuck" and he didn't push something through. Who knows!

    ReplyDelete