Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Mr. Total $avings"

Mr. T$, my husband, is my right hand man when it comes to coupon shopping. I'm going to let you all in on a little secret....I HATE using coupons! Can you believe it? Are you shocked?! It's true! That feeling of panic sweeps over me when I'm headed to the check out lane with my full stack of coupons. I look around for the right cashier, try to keep the small talk going, but the whole time my palms are sweating and I'm willing every single coupon to just go through..."no beeps, PLEASE!".

That's where Mr. T$ steps in! When we shop together I go around the store and get everything into the basket. Then, when it's time to check out I head for the door with the kids and go get them situated in the van while he faces ...dum,dum,dum, dum......THE CHECK OUT LANE. He knows all the ins and outs of the policies for the stores we shop at AND if there's a problem he will talk to management or whoever to get it straightened out. And the most amazing thing? He doesn't get one-bit-nervous OR embarrassed!

What he doesn't know is that each time he goes through the check out lane for me and each time he just goes to the store by himself with my stack of coupons and list of deals....I love him a little bit more. :) (don't worry everyone...this is as mushy as I'm going to get!)

Here's some of his "conquests" that he found on his own shopping at Walmart over the weekend.



Boy's 3 piece outfit reg. $18 - $3.00!
Boy's 2 piece outfit reg. $10 - $3.00!

2 Iron Man toys: $3.50
Use two $3/1 coupons 4/10 Playsaver
Final cost: $.50 each!

So, total before coupons and clearance: $35.00
Total after coupons: $7.00
Total savings: $28.00!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, while he was there he checked out the clearance end caps. AND EVEN took pictures for me so we could see if there were coupon match ups. :)

We found the following deal:


Tide Stain Release powder in-wash booster: $3 (clearance price)
Used two $3/1 coupons (from coupon inserts inside specially marked packages of Charmin)
Final Cost: FREE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, this post is my shout-out to Mr. Total $avings! I'm glad that on top of everything else we do together that we've now added couponing to the list! Not all husbands would do this..somehow I just lucked out! He can face THE CHECK OUT LANE for me. What a guy. =) Thanks, Mr. T$!!

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet Rachael!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband does EXACTLY the same thing for me and he's not scared to do it at all. I hit the door and get into the car as soon as we are finished shopping. He will not think twice to challenge a cashier or manager since he always has copies of the stores coupon policies with him. He's even been known to call the corporate office while standing in line!!! Recently he got 2 Britax car seats for $49.99 each that were priced wrong (so he found out) but challenged them that they had to sell them at that price. When they refused he called the corporate office and they told the manager that they must sell them to him! He's Mr Coupon King to me!

    ReplyDelete