Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Free Magazines Pay Off!

There are several "mom" magazines that I've signed up for that I get for free. Not only are they something fun to get in the mail, but often there are great coupons inside! Here's a great example. A while ago I pulled out a 20% off diapers coupon for Amazon in Parent's magazine. I knew that you could use TWO codes per purchase so I held on to it and yesterday I got another coupon for $10 off in the newest Parent's magazine. Now, on top of that if you sign up for Amazon Mom (free and can cancel at any time) you get free shipping and 30% off your order. Which made it so I could get a box of size 3 diapers (96 count) for $1.49! =)

Below is what the transaction looked like. I had a gift card balance from doing swagbucks which picked up the $1.49 so I spent $0.00 out of pocket!

Item purchased (plus S&H): $32.43
Shipping discount: -$9.44
Promotion applied: -$10.00
Promotion applied: -$4.60
Subscription discount: -$6.90
----------------------------------
Total: $1.49
Balance after gift card $0.00

Hooray for FREE diapers!!!!!!!!!! =)

Total time spent preparing coupons: 2 seconds :)
Total time spent shopping: 15 minutes (it took me a while to find the best deal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment